Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Years!

31 Diciembre 2014
Well today was interesting. The assistants to the President of the mission came to work with us today unexpectedly. For those of you that don't know the order of authority in the mission it is:
Missionary->District Leader->Zone Leader->Assistant->President
So yeah, I was nervous. And of course we had a terrible day. All of our...Don´t know what to call this in English so..."Citas" fell and we were just walking around all day. I got "macheted" had for my teaching skills. we are trying this new method of teaching where one Elder asks a question and the investigator responds. And then the other asks a question, investigator responds and the Elder bears testimony. At the end of the day we had a new years party with a family and it was fun, we danced, sang, ate, yeah. 

Happy New Years

1 Enero 2015
Well what a great day to start off the new year. Not a single lesson, every person was asleep and only drunk people outside. I took a picture with a drunk person that came and sat next to me outside my house.


Last night at like 12 they went crazy with fireworks and now the streets are filled with remains of the fireworks. Also I have been really sick for the past week, like bad pain in my left arm, nose issues, fever, back pain, sore throat, yeah all that good stuff. But it´s all good.


3 Enero 2015

Not much really happen today, not much success I decided to wash my own clothes instead of my laundry person, it´s way easier and I don´t have to spend $20. It is so hot here. I come home every day just drenched in sweat. I miss the coldness of Ohio lol.

4 Enero 2015

Nothing happened today that was new, But I've been thinking about my purpose for going on my mission. I knew I wasn´t prepared, like knowledge of the scriptures and stuff, but I am starting to learn that it doesn´t matter about that because your mission is a learning experience. I have 2 years to learn all this stuff. One of the old assistants to the president, of whom I´m friends with, told me that "every day of your missino life there 5 people who are ready to hear the gospel and be baptized. It´s not important whether you are the worlds best teacher or have no knowledge of anything, a person that is chosen by God to hear your message will be converted by the spirit." To all those missionaries that think you need to be a perfect teacher to baptize, no, just enjoy your mission. The Only think that will result is a convinced investigator if you teach the just to teach them. Our objective as missionaries in El Salvador is:

Somo los misioneros de Jesucristo

Y de Predicad mi evangelio
Con su autoridad
Convertimos, Bautizamos, y Retenemos

We are missionaries of Jesus Christ

And of Preach my Gospel
With his authority
We convert, we baptize, we retain.

And of course we have an objective as all missionaries in the world:


Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarlas a que reciban el evangelio restaurado mediante la fe en Jesucristo y su expiación, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la recepción del don del espíritu santo, y el perseverar hasta el fin. 


I don´t know in english haha but I just want to thank all of you guys for everything you´ve done for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment